I made this dessert on the day that the weather man said we'd get another 6-8 inches of snow. We are totally sick of winter and we needed something that reminded us of summer - lemons and strawberries! My son and I made up this recipe from another similar recipe, the Chocolate Lasagna (which, by the way, is amazing! Here's the link for that if you'd rather go the chocolate route.)
We finished an entire 9x13 pan of this in 1 day! My husband LOVED it and has asked for me to make it again already.
So here's the recipe.
1 package of lemon Oreos
1 bar of cream cheese (8 oz)
1 container of Cool Whip (12 oz)
2 Tbsp of milk
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 package 3.4 oz Lemon instant pudding
1 package 3.4 oz Vanilla instant pudding
3 1/4 cups milk
6 Tbsp butter
1. Crush the package of lemon Oreos (either in a food processor or in a plastic bag).
2. Mix the crushed Oreos with the 6 tablespoons of melted butter. Once it is all combined, pat into a 9x13 pan. Place it in the refrigerator while making the other layers.
3. Next whip the softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Once light and fluffy add the powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp of milk. Then add 1 and 1/4 cup of Cool Whip. Spread this mixture over the crushed Oreos and place it back in the fridge.
4. In another bowl, mix both pudding mixes with 3 1/4 cups milk. Beat until it starts to stiffen. Let sit a couple minutes and then spread it on top of the cream cheese layer. Put it back in the fridge for at least 15 minutes to let it thicken a bit more.
5. Finally add the remaining cool whip on top. Refrigerate for a couple hour and it's ready to serve with fresh strawberries or blueberries on top.
Melissa Ash - mom of 2 energetic boys, wife, and business woman. Just trying to "do it all".